Discharging Taxes with Bankruptcy
Understanding Tax Debt Relief Through Bankruptcy in White Plains, NY
I am Natasha Meruelo, Attorney at Law, and I am proud to have provided countless clients with favorable resolutions to their bankruptcy situations for nearly 10 years. If you currently have an IRS tax lien against you or find yourself unable to pay your back income taxes, I am ready to assist you.
Eligibility for Discharging Tax Debt Through Bankruptcy
There are numerous ways bankruptcy can help you eliminate stressful debts, including back taxes. When you work with my firm, I will work closely with you to provide customized strategies to help you resolve your tax debt. I can analyze whether any of your taxes may be completely discharged in bankruptcy.
Through bankruptcy, you could be eligible for debt discharges if your arrears meet the following guidelines:
- The assessment of your taxes was completed more than 240 days prior to filing
- The taxes that are being discharged were not due to a substitute tax return
- The taxes were not filed late or within a span of 2 years prior to filing for bankruptcy
- The taxes that are being discharged became due more than 3 years prior to filing for bankruptcy
- You did not commit tax fraud or evade taxes
There are some exceptions to these rules and I can determine if any of these exceptions apply to your situation.
If you do not qualify for Chapter 7 bankruptcy and the option of discharging tax debt is not available to you, you may be able to organize a feasible repayment plan under Chapter 13 bankruptcy and still discharge part of the tax debt. Every situation is unique, so it is important to discuss the specifics of your case with a bankruptcy lawyer.
If you have questions about your taxes or bankruptcy options, contact my office in Westchester County as soon as possible.
When you choose to work with my Westchester County bankruptcy firm, you will receive a free consultation for your case and you will be provided with the personalized attention that you deserve.
I have assisted countless clients in gaining control of their finances and tax debts, and with my guidance, you could resolve your back taxes or owe significantly less than the amount you are currently scheduled to pay.
If you have questions about the IRS, your taxes, or whether bankruptcy may be right for you, contact my office in Westchester County as soon as possible.
* This is Attorney Advertising. Natasha Meruelo, Esq., designated as a Federal Debt Relief Agent by an Act of Congress and the President of the United States, proudly assists consumers seeking relief under the US Bankruptcy Code. Prior results do not guarantee a similar outcome; see attached- 342b and 527a/b.
“Natasha Meruelo is professional, knowledgable and a solid attorney. She made sure I was well informed, prepared, and empowered throughout the court process. Having her support was invaluable. I am so grateful I followed my intuition and chose her to represent me. I highly recommend her!”
Over 15 years of Experience to Apply to Your Case.
Strategies Tailored to Meet Individual Needs.
Personalized & Straightforward Counsel.
Consultations to Evaluate Your Case Are Available.