White Plains Chapter 13 Bankruptcy Lawyer
Serving Westchester County
For individuals struggling under heavy debts, but still capable of making payments, petitioning for debt relief by filing for Chapter 13 bankruptcy may be their strongest option. Chapter 13 bankruptcy can help you develop a realistic repayment plan that prioritizes your most important debts and helps you regain control of your financial life.
When you are facing devastating financial circumstances, the support and guidance of a knowledgeable White Plains chapter 13 bankruptcy attorney can prove to be your biggest asset. At Natasha Meruelo, Attorney at Law, I can provide the strategic and supportive legal counsel you need to accurately declare Chapter 13 or Chapter 7 bankruptcy.
Reasons To Hire Me
- Free Consultations Provided
- Vigorous Advocacy Delivered To Each Client
- An Extensively Experienced Attorney On Your Side
- Conscientious Representation
- I Can Help You Take Back Control Of Your Finances
- You Will Receive The Diligent Counsel You Deserve
- Each Client Receives My Undivided Attention & Personalized Legal Solutions
As an experienced Westchester County chapter 13 lawyer, I have helped numerous clients reorganize and successfully address their debt through Chapter 13 bankruptcy. Together, we can assess your current financial situation and decipher if declaring Chapter 13 would be right for you.
Are you burdened by overpowering debt? Contact my firm today to schedule a free case evaluation!
Under the oversight of a bankruptcy trustee, Chapter 13 bankruptcy allows you to restructure your debt to a manageable level and eliminate arrears that are not in your best financial interest or which simply don't have to be repaid. This process involves an analysis of your current assets, projected income and allowable expenses, and amount of debt before approving your proposed repayment plan.
In many cases, much of your debt may be discharged or paid at a fraction of what you actually owe, and certain debts such as taxes and mortgages are given priority over other debts, which is often to your benefit if you wish to keep your home and resolve your issues with the IRS or New York State. You also have the opportunity to dispute and eliminate debts that are incorrect or time-barred. The entire process usually takes 3 to 5 years to complete.
Advantages of Declaring Chapter 13 Bankruptcy:
- Immediately halting harassing credit agency phone calls
- Stopping the foreclosure process
- Helping you evaluate loan modification
- Stripping away an unsecured second mortgage
- Allowing you to repay tax debts interest-free and penalty-free
- Cramming down a car loan to the actual value of your vehicle
- Helping you pay child support arrears over 36-60 months
- Providing for an automatic stay of collection against any co-signors of consumer debts
“Natasha Meruelo is professional, knowledgable and a solid attorney. She made sure I was well informed, prepared, and empowered throughout the court process. Having her support was invaluable. I am so grateful I followed my intuition and chose her to represent me. I highly recommend her!”
Chapter 13 bankruptcy breaks the endless cycle of making monthly payments that do little to pay down your rapidly accruing debt. Approved repayment plan disbursements are often less than your current credit card minimums, making your financial obligations more reasonable.
At Natasha Meruelo, Attorney at Law, I provide the unwavering and individualized attention you need at every stage of Chapter 13 bankruptcy proceedings. Helping my clients regain their financial situation is always my first priority. As a supportive chapter 13 bankruptcy attorney in White Plains, I offer flexible appointment scheduling, flat fee bankruptcy services, and discounts to members of the military and armed forces.
Call me today to schedule your no-obligation appointment!
Natasha Meruelo, Attorney at Law, represents residents throughout New York in communities such as White Plains, Rockland County, Bronx, Brooklyn, New York City, Mount Vernon, and Manhattan.
* This is Attorney Advertising. Natasha Meruelo, Esq., designated as a Federal Debt Relief Agent by an Act of Congress and the President of the United States, proudly assists consumers seeking relief under the US Bankruptcy Code. Prior results do not guarantee a similar outcome; see attached- 342b and 527a/b .
Over 15 years of Experience to Apply to Your Case.
Strategies Tailored to Meet Individual Needs.
Personalized & Straightforward Counsel.
Consultations to Evaluate Your Case Are Available.